Week 2 Reading Overview

I chose to read the R. K. Narayan version of the Ramayana because I really prefer to have a physical copy of whatever book I am reading. Also, I am slowly accumulating a personal library, so the more books the better!


This book will look great on my shelf! Source.

The two comic books I am interested in are:

Thanjavur: City of Brihadeeswara

This looks interesting since it seems to be about a quest, and it also contains some mythic history about Indian deities.

Konark: Temple of the Sun

This looks interesting since it seems to be about a father and son, and it looks like it includes some coming-of-age themes and a mysterious "supreme sacrifice."

The two videos that I am interested in are:


Indian and Greek Mythological parallels | EPIFIED

This looks interesting because I am studying Classics, and especially the Greeks and their epic tradition and mythology. This looks really cool!


Foods for Gods | Epified

This looks interesting because the food gods eat -- something that humanizes them and makes their immortality seem more relatable -- can reveal a lot about the intended characterization of certain deities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Alex the English Major

Week 5 Story: The Conversation