Week 8 Reading and Writing



I am enjoying the reading and writing assignments. I loved reading Narayan's Ramayana and Mahabharata, and I think that the opportunity to be creative in the writing assignments in this class is a really fun way to engage with the texts.

I'm happy with how my blog and project website have come together. I'm trying to keep them both simple and user-friendly.

I think that the writing for my project is going well, and I think that the revisions have really helped my writing become more precise and targeted, more able to communicate clearly that which I want to get across to the reader. I think that my story posts are going well too, and they are providing me with a great jumping-off point for my later project writing.

I think the story "Lo and Behold" is my biggest writing accomplishment in this class.

My favorite reading was probably the Ramayana, followed closely by the Mahabharata. The Ramayana edges the Mahabharata only because the Mahabharata focused on all five Pandavas, and I enjoyed the focus on Rama in the Ramayana.

My reading notes are helping, since I am able to look at them to get story ideas. I usually include some of my favorite parts of the readings in my notes, and those are usually the episodes I want to retell.

I can't say that I've discovered much more in terms of reading or research strategies, other than I have been able to see the really great, important impact of continued revision on my project stories.

Image result for vali ramayana
I chose to include this image because of my original caption, "Owie." I thought that this was funny, considering the satirical tone of the story -- the first draft of "Lo and Behold" -- which this image accompanied. Source.

Looking forward, I am excited to engage more with the readings and write more stories! I think that I could try to work ahead more in this class, but since I am so busy I doubt I will be able to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Alex the English Major

Week 5 Story: The Conversation